(Bungalow, Lyceum, Daniels Theatre, Strand Theatre)
253 South State Street
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
(1908 - 1958)
The plain theater went through a dramatic transformation in 1912 when it recieved a new façade and was renamed the Rex Theatre. The new façade features a crown at the top and statues of women holding lights and sentry knights in armor. Two freestanding ticket booths were added in front of the build. The Rex was a junior vaudeville and motion picture theater and was advertised as being the "most elaborate" and "absolutely fire proof."
The theater was known as the Strand from about 1918 to 1922.1
Eventually the building became the Axelrad Furniture Co. In 2001, it was the Tivoli Gallery and Regis Apartments.
1. Polk's Utah Gazetteer and Business Directory, 1918-1919, 1920-1921, 1922-1923