Robert H. Lippert, who owned a chain of theaters based in San Francisco, opened the Valley Fair 4 on 14 August 1970. The theater was the first four-screen multiplex in the Salt Lake Valley. An addition opened in 1986, increasing the number of screens to nine. The Valley Fair Movies 9 was the first multiple-screen dollar theater and also boasted stereo sound in all auditorium, a luxury lacking in most first-run theater at the time.
Shortly after Lewiston was settled a theatrical group was formed. In 1884 the people of Lewiston built the Lewiston Opera House. It was used for motion pictures, dances, dramatic productions, basketball games, and roller skating before it was destroyed by fire in 1929.
"Chapter 10, A Cultural Survey of the County: Arts, Activites, and Athletics", A History of Cache County, by F. Ross Peterson